Sunday, October 11, 2009

Devotion

So Much Blind Faith
I would state my case before him and fill my mouth with arguments.
There an upright man could present his case before him, and I would be delivered forever from my judge. – Job 23: 4, 7

To be delivered is for the asking. The unconditional faith and hope offered by God are for the taking.

Dear Lord, when we are in this place of worship we are most like you, blindly offering our love, faith and hope up to you and to each other. We live like your Son in this place. Lord, steel our hearts with the story of your son Job, for he is an example of the way. We seek your guidance in these things to take beyond these walls. In your name, Amen.

In the Face of Doubt
God has made my heart faint; the Almighty has terrified me. Yet I am not silenced by the darkness, by the thick darkness that covers my face. – Job 16-17

A solitary journey as steadfast as the stars, like the tides that wash, you are there.

Dear Lord, this darkness it is desire. Desire to do what’s right every time. Even though I should falter and fail so many times, I ask forgiveness, because I only want to do the good and faithful thing. Be with me in this darkness. In the name of your son, Jesus, you showed us your imperfection, you allowed us like Adam and Eve to seek like Job and be forgiven. Amen.

So I wrote these two devotionals this week. First writing exercise beyond the 9-5 gig in a number of years. Have you written one? Any thoughts?

I'm not comfortable sharing this. Folks, people, you tend to consider this type of sharing for Sunday morning or like talking sex or finances. I decided that when I started this blog, I would tell all my crazy, and keep none of it for me. Its not crazy. Its me. I'm crazy if you think so, not the other way around. It'll be some time before the other two concepts will be shared.  God may be my co-pilot, but my wife is too, she'll need to approve those messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment